Upon entering the Rotterdam Rooftop Walk, you automatically agree to the following house rules:
- Feel free to be yourself, but also always be considerate of others.
- Follow the instructions of the crew and emergency services. The Rooftop Walk is meant to keep moving, crew may ask you to move along to make space for other visitors.
- Stay inside the fences and railings, do not climb on or over them.
- Do not throw anything over the fences or railings.
- Wear flat shoes that allow you to walk and climb stairs with ease, so no flip-flops or heels.
- You may not be under the influence of drugs or alcohol during your visit, nor consume them during your visit.
- Smoking is not allowed during your visit, including electronic cigarettes.
- There is a limited visiting time: 45 to 60 minutes.
- Pets are not allowed, with the exception of assistance dogs or guide dogs.
- Prams, trolleys, suitcases and/or large bags are not allowed.
- Be aware of all safety precautions and take them seriously – you enter the Rotterdam Rooftop Walk at your own risk. Rotterdamse Dakendagen and the participating building owners are not accountable for any damage to participants or other parties.
- Children under 16 must be accompanied by at least one adult per child.
- People who cannot hear, understand or follow verbal instructions from the crew (in English or Dutch) on their own must be accompanied by someone who can.
- People who have difficulty walking or are wheel chair dependent cannot visit the Rotterdam Rooftop Walk via the regular route. See rooftopwalk.nl for more information.
Violating one or more house rules will result in refusal of admission or immediate removal from the Rotterdam Rooftop Walk.